Saturday, April 2, 2011

Eric Carle Room

After falling in love with Andover Fabric's Eric Carle line and the adorable quilt kits from Fat Quarter Shop I've been busy sewing up a storm to decorate the kidlets room in an Eric Carle theme.

First I bought the Brown Bear, Brown Bear quilt kit. This quilt will be for my DS for his upcoming 2nd birthday:



I've also completed some new curtains complete with a blackout liner using some yardage from the Very Series fabric line. I love the stripes! Close up they have that painted look that the illustrations in Eric Carle's books have.


And now I've been working on a Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt for my DD for her birthday (which isn't until December, but I wanted to get the kit while it was available). I'm done piecing the top and have sandwiched it and pinned it and now I just need to do the quilting and binding (which will be red). I flipped over the corner so you could have a sneak peek of the adorable backing fabric. DD has requested that I make her a blanket (or "blanklet" as she says) and really wanted this one so I just couldn't resist! :)


1 comment:

  1. ok, when I'm rich and famous, I'll hire you to make wonderful quilts for me! :) These are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete